Saturday 23 April 2011

Fettuccine Al Fungi

Guys this Pasta came out real yummy! Last week my lil one ate it at our local pasta place, 'Pasta Fresca' and felt like eating there again today...( I knew it would set me back by quite a few $$$) so I decided to try my hand at it...!! Of course I didn't follow any recipe, just tried to recreate the taste and aroma of the dish...well dint turn out exact but yum nevertheless!


I used 1/2 packet fettuccine..(could use any pasta!)
200 grms button mushrooms cut
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp olive oil
some leek or asparagus or spring onion ( I used leek)
Water for boiling pasta
salt to taste
White Sauce
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tsp butter (can add some cheese too)
1/2 ltr milk


For White Sauce...Roast the plain flour for a few min and mix it with 1/4 cup of cold milk. whisk it well so that there are no clumps of flour.
In a seperate dish start boiling the remaining milk...after a few moments add the flour and milk mixture and stir it continuously, add salt and butter, once its thicked to resemble light sauce, switch the gas off.


Boil the pasta and remove all the water, wash it in cold water. keep it aside.


Roast the garlic in the olive oil in a seperate dish till light brown, add the cut mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Once done, add the pasta, salt to taste. Switch the gas off. Add the white sauce(if the white sauce becomes too thick, add more milk to bring it to right consistancy). garnish it with leek/asparagus...some black pepper maybe....Heavenly Aroma...Scrumptious to taste...try it sometime..
Enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. I normally hate white sauce based pasta, as one, it is too creamy and rich for me and two, it does not digest well. But this one was really nice. Very light, and yet very tasty. Since Sumana had secretely eaten some kitkats, there was leftover of this pasta that I could taste and enjoy. Vish

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaah it was light...all of us got a taste of it..thanks to the kit kat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what rubbish! i DID NOT eat any kit kat. but pasta was GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete